Here's what I'll be doing to boost business:
- I plan to branch out by selling some fiber art supplies as well instructional felting kits. I find that it is much easier to sell supplies than finished items in hard economic times. I guess that supplies are seen more as an investment and necessity than finished decorative items.
- I am going to start doing freelance graphic design and web design work for reasonable rates. I'd like to focus on offering my design services to artists and crafters. I think it is good to utilize all of my skills to earn a living in such hard times, and I feel that I know where artists and crafters are coming from and will be able to serve their needs best.
- I will be pursuing more publicity opportunities. I would like to write to online design blogs and sites as well as magazine and book publishers to try to obtain some features. It can result in great free advertising and only takes a little of my time to do.
- I am going to work on my schedule and organization. I have been sorely lacking in the past year about having a strict work schedule on my days off from teaching. I treat those days as part vacation days and part work days. It would be much more beneficial to me if I took things more seriously when it comes to running my home business.
- I am not going to get discouraged so easily. I have found lately that every little knock makes me want to just tumble over. It hasn't always been that way, but having a small business feels like an uphill battle with the economy as it is. My focus needs to always be in the present - not worrying about the past or the future, but working hard in the now.
What will you be doing this year to boost business? Please share your ideas...........